Oh, well. How About Next Week?

So we decided not to go to the Krankie's Market last week as planned. We just didn't have quite enough produce to make a decent display, never mind to make it worth the time and effort it would take to go. We just made the business decision to make our debut next week with more than 3 bunches of swiss chard and a few handfuls of radishes! NEXT WEEK (Tuesday the 27th) we will be there for sure! And we will have produce for purchase. So come by and see us! FYI, it's on Patterson Avenue, just behind the Krankie's building. Not on 3rd Street as I first reported. I promise to do a better job fact-checking next time, friends.

I did go to the market last Tuesday, though, to check it out and meet some of the other vendors. Jeff and I are both really excited about this market - the people who are organizing are doing a wonderful job in every area, and we are so grateful to be part of it! I think this market will stick around, grow and be the go-to place for consumers looking for local, sustaninably grown produce. You could make a whole dinner out of what they had there - meat, eggs, bread, produce, goat cheese and some wonderful sweets (gluten-free). And, there were several other vendors who, like us, decided to wait a little before starting the season there. So it's only going to get better. I really think it's going to be great!!

My only concern is that people are going to go there looking for Jeff, who has mad skillz in the area of talking to people about the farm and making life-long customers out of them. Or at least season-long. I'm afraid they might be disappointed to see me there instead! We'll see. I'll do my best to be engaging and knowledgable, but, as we all know, I'm no Jeff. Until next time, eat local!

No comments: